Video surveillance system of traffic situation
Control of traffic situation – is VOCCORD Traffic hardware and software complex, meant for 24-hour automated control of traffic situation, identification of car plates, automatic video fixation of violations of driving regulations.
The system saves information about identified vehicle registration plate, type, speed and other characteristics of traffic flow in internal database according to time and place.
Recorder information can be transmitted via digital data transfer channels. Traffic can transmit images directly in real time and if necessary signalizing about different events.
- Identification of vehicle plates. The system automatically identifies one line vehicle plates of different state affiliation both in Latin and Cyrillic character set for stationary and moving, approaching and outgoing vehicles. If vehicle plates are visually recognized, the identification probability is 90% both in daytime and nighttime;
- Velocity measurement of moving vehicle. Certified measuring means are used in order to measure the speed such as radar (microwave radars) or laser speed meter;
- Classification of transport vehicles according to the following types: light vehicle, load vehicles, buses, motorcycles;
- Reserving of photo shots and transport vehicles and identified vehicle registration plates after each identified transport vehicles;
- Monitoring of traffic situation in ral time;
- Tracking, video and photo fixation of different types of violation of driving regulations: speeding, moving along oncoming lane, crossing of a solid line, lane traffic violation, wrong parking, moving during restrictive signal of a traffic light,
- automatic formation of decrees concerning fines imposition – more than 30 types of violations;
- data storage about fined impose;
- verification of transport vehicles through registered numbers base and investigation base;
- Notification of an operator about driving regulation violations and about automobile occurrence that is searched,
- Automatic generation of statistic reports for analysis of traffic flows.
The system has wide capabilities of adjustments and operation including adjustment of mathematical algorithms of processing and video information analysis.
If necessary functional capabilities of the system can be expanded to solve the following tasks:
- Control of external execution units (for example traffic lights, lifting gate, light and audible alarm). A command is transferred to the execution unit in case of detection transport vehicles from external data base;
- Control of the system from external units (traffic light, magnetic loop, from radar speed meter and etc.). The coming signal from external devices initializes the identification of plates, switching it on and off.
System architecture and principles of its operation.
- The system has distributed client-server architecture. A general structured scheme of the system is show in Picture 1.
- The system is a hardware and software complex, composing the following components.
- video surveillance cameras,
- speed meters (radars);
- lighting projectors;
- computer modules.
- traffic Frontline;
- Traffic Archive;
- Traffic Client.
Video cameras and radars are the recourses of the system data. This equipment is installed above the road, forming a control point of the Traffic system. An example of a control point is shown in Picture 1.
Picture 1. An example of a control point of the Traffic system. Main elements: 1- camera of high resolution; 2 – impulse infrared projector; 3- radar; 4 – street server
Data source transfers information to computer modules with installed software Traffic FrontLine, where initial image process is performed, together with the identification of plates, photo fixation of driving regulations violations, recording and storage of immediate results as a base of all cars passed through the traffic system. The system can have unlimited number of such computer modules.
Then the data are transferred from computer modules to the archivation server – a server with Traffic Archive software installed. The server performs long-term storage of information, data about fines and driving regulations violation, examination of the transport system via search bases. Several archivation servers can operate in one system. A cascaded way of connection of archivation servers is possible. It makes possible to create systems with a complex hierarchy structure and practically unlimited expansion of a general system capacity.
An archivation server receives data from Traffic FrontLine servers in real time. In case of the connection was lost and then restores, a data replication process is performed.
When creating a small autonomous system it is possible to install TrafficFrontLine and Traffic Archive software at a single computer module. In this case one server performs all functions of the system.
Client-based software is installed at a workplace of an operator. A work place of an operator allows viewing images from all cameras in real time, checking archive and making out a receipt about violations of driving regulations.
The interaction between all system components is performed via protocol TCP/IP. Requirement to the transmission capacity of data transfer channels depend on system configuration and on of registered traffic systems. Particularly computer modules with Traffic FrontLine software can be connected via wireless Wi-Fi, ViMAX and other channels.
It is possible to mark 2 typical variants of the system use:
1. A territorially-distributed fortification system of driving regulations violations with a single data processing center;
2. A system of dynamic response
These two variants can be combined. Particularly a system of dynamic response can be a subsystem of a territorially-distributed system.